|View single post by The Seven|
|Posted: Sun May 1st, 2005 07:48 am||
Let us start from square one:
1) Have you replaced the defrost timer?
2) Have you replaced the defrost thermostat?
3) If both (1) and (2) are "yes", then goto (4): otherwise goto (1)
4) Adjust both the fridge and freezer controls to normal (mid-points).
5) Let it run for at least 2 hours before taking the initial temp readings.
6) Then take temp reading at no more than once per hour. Too often will warm up the freezer and fridge.
7) It takes 12-24 hours to get steady-state temperatures.
8) If it is not cold enough, adjust the controls "colder"
at "small steps" until freezer temp (0 to 5 F) and fridge temp (34 to 40 F).
9) Report the result.