View single post by cathy4328
 Posted: Sun May 1st, 2005 12:24 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
cathy4328

 

Joined: Sat Apr 30th, 2005
Location:  
Posts: 19
Status: 
Offline
We have a Kenmore dryer , model # 110.96590820.  We've never had a problem with it, until last night.  I went to dry a load of clothes, and it wouldn't turn on.  Checked the fuse box, saw the fuse was blown.  There was also scorching by the outlet, so I unplugged it and called a friend.  He came over and pulled the outlet.  He said there was something that looked like soap on the outlet, and that was why the outlet blew.  He replaced it with a new outlet, cleaned everything up and tested it.  Everything worked fine.  I then dried my clothes, and it worked perfectly.

Now, less than 24 hours later, I went up to do a load of laundry.  I smelled the scorchy smell and there was a bigger mark on the wall, so I tried to turn on the dryer.  Wouldn't work.  Went to the fuse box, fuse was again thrown.  Went back up and unplugged the dryer, and there's a whole bunch of gunky stuff on the plug.  There's also a small line of something that looks like soap coming out of the outlet, but here's the thing - I haven't done any laundry or used any soap since last night.  The walls are dry and no soap or liquids are stored above the dryer.  My friend also looked inside the outlet while he had it open last night, and there was nothing inside to indicate that there was a leak from inside the wall.  Any suggestions?  Please?