View single post by jms336
 Posted: Mon Sep 26th, 2005 02:50 pm
Full Topic
jms336

 

Joined: Tue Aug 30th, 2005
Location:  
Posts: 6
Status: 
Offline
DHL dropped my new complete assembly off Saturday (Wow - only $13 for overnight shipping on that beast !)  and I tackled the repair yesterday.  The assy was on back order at repairclinic when I ordered it a few weeks ago.  I have not done a lot of appliance repair in the past but am fairly mechanically minded and don't mind figuring stuff out as I go.

Bottom line - it is not a difficult thing to swap the unit out.  The instructions at the link I posted above are useful, but I really didn't need them that much.  If you have some basic tools and common sense, you can do this repair.  A couple extra hands are useful when you go to place the drum assembly back into the machine, as the front weight will be on it and that makes it pretty heavy.  Other than that, it is just a matter of looking at the machine with a little common sense, removing everything connected to the drum assy, transferring it back onto the new unit, maneuvering it into place, and hooking up your hoses and wires.

When time permits I will be replacing the bearing in my old unit and will either keep that around for a spare or might sell it to help with my costs.  Also, some $$ is going into the samurai beer fund for all the help I have gotten here.

John