View single post by shogun
 Posted: Tue Sep 20th, 2005 02:23 pm
Full Topic


Joined: Tue Aug 30th, 2005
Posts: 10
To Jakpai, kwantlenappliance, and Pegi here is the end of the story. The defrost thermostat was indeed the culprit not the control board.

I devised my own test. I removed the defrost assembly and placed the thermostat in a cup of water in a different freezer. When it was frozen solid I tested for resistance. There was no change in the reading and if that wasn't cold enough then I don't know what is.

Just to be sure, I ordered a control board at the same time which I have since returned.

And they lived happily ever after.