|Joined: ||Sat Jan 2nd, 2010|
|Location: || |
|Here at the apartment complex I work at, the boss decided to buy this Lint Eater and try it on a plugged dryer vent. I had my doubts but I was over ruled. We use a leaf blower to blow out all the vents when the apartment becomes empty and this one had NOT a whisper of air coming out. I thought, Hmmmmm, the pipe is open in between the floor and ceiling. Boss proceeds to run the linteater in and it gets stuck about 9 feet in from the outside. The next day we cut out the ceiling and found the vent pipe disconnected in 2 places and the metal "cutter" head had started chewing into some HVAC flex vent! I still think this can be a good tool to have on hand, but some common sense needs to be used also.